понедельник, 17 июля 2017 г.

tin tile coffee table

tin tile coffee table

I've been busy tackling all kinds of DIY projects around the house and something I have been putting off for WAY too long is remaking our ottoman. A few years back I bought a big tufted ottoman in a very light beige and over the last 3 years, the fabric was destroyed by a certain (cute) someone (thank goodness for our white slip covered couch). From spilled juice to permanent markers, the ottoman was pretty disgusting and it was time to figure something out.



Before getting rid of it, I thought I would at least see if there was something under the stuffing and fabric that I could salvage. I considered making a slip cover for it but I really wanted a coffee table with a surface that could actually be used. Much to my delight, there was a nice sturdy wood frame underneath. At first I thought I would tile it with glass tiles but then I came across faux tin tiles at my local Home Depot and I thought they would make a really cool coffee table!



I have to say this was one of easiest projects I have tackled! The tiles, while they look like tin are actually a light weight plastic (they can even be painted) that you can adhere with heavy duty double stick tape or construction adhesive. I cut my tiles to size- they come in large sheets- and then covered the entire table (top and sides). It was SO fast and easy- even Lucy helped out with this one


The result is a really cool large coffee table that has a little bit of a boho vibe to it.







Original article and pictures take alisaburke.blogspot.se site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий