среда, 8 апреля 2015 г.

Gallery Wall – Part 3

Gallery Wall – Part 3

Today is Part 3 of the Gallery Wall Project that was started by Mary Ann of Classic.Casual.Home and Cindy of Rough Luxe. So today the group of bloggers will reveal their own gallery wall projects. I have learned a lot along the way. I am continually adding inspiration for gallery walls on my Pinterest board titled Beautiful Wall & Art.


Gallery Wall part 3

Gallery Wall - Part 3

In my own home I used a relatively narrow wall in my living room and basically filled the space with things I’ve been collecting. Since my entire house is shades of black, white, wood with gold and brass, I honed my gallery wall collection to that as well. My wall includes old photographs in black and white, silhouettes, a piece from Minted called Sedona, a mirror I found at a thrift store on one of many baseball weekends with my son, a small plate with a gold key that I have used in so many houses to collect keys at our entry. I found a page from an old book of poems that says, “It Can Be Done” Of course every wall has its challenges. A few mentioned things like outlets or light switches. Why do builders put them in the middle of a wall? This has never made sense to me. My challenge was a dated thermostat and a light switch. I bought a Nest thinking that would add a little something to my wall, but naturally this house does not have the right kind of wires to use this device. Nothing in a house built in 1900 is easy. So the outdated thermostat remains.


Palm Tree Gallery Wall

Palm Tree Gallery Wall

Since the living room gallery wall is not a new project, I decided that I would do something in our attic on another long narrow wall. My husband added molding and then I simply created a collage of palm tree photos inside the molding in a grid format. There are 55 to be exact and naturally there was an outlet. I went through my old photos from when we lived in California in search of palm trees, ones from vacations and Phoenix. Then I enlisted the help of my friends to send me a few of their favorites. Karen of Home Sweet Hollywood and Linda of Design in My View were kind enough to send me lots of palm tree photos and they both named each one they sent. Names like: Hollywood Sign Palms, Landscape Palms, Studio City Palm trees, Dana Point Palm Tress Through Dirty Windshield, Montage Palms, Beach Palms, Palm Springs, LA at Night, LACMA, Hollywood Post Office….it brought back so many memories. The funny things is….I don’t even like palm trees. Or at least I didn’t like them, but then we moved back east and all of a sudden I started seeing palm trees on Karen and Linda’s instagrams every day and I felt a pang of nostalgia. So now, I kinda love them. Funny how that happens. The quote by Charles Dickens sums it up pretty well. “One always begins to forgive a place as soon as it’s left behind”.


Thank you Mary Ann and Cindy for inviting me to join this project. Had it not been for you I may have never finished the Palm Tree Wall that I love so much! And now check out the gallery walls of these fabulous bloggers!


Original article and pictures take mostlovelythings.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий