вторник, 16 декабря 2014 г.

Drab to FAB Bedroom Makeover

Drab to FAB Bedroom Makeover

One of my very favorite presents from our wedding was the bedding that my boss bought for us. At the time I was in love with dusty blue and brown so when I came upon this bedding, I jumped at the chance to register for it and was so lucky to receive it as a gift because it was definitely the most expensive thing on my registry. For a long time I really loved it, but after 6 years of use, I was starting to get a little tired of it- to say the least. It is pretty, but definitely on the "safe" and boring side... I was ready for some COLOR.


What do you think... Did I end up using too much color??




My bed frame is from Ikea... Best $99 I have ever spent! Love this metal bed. My bedding is an ebay find but it is originally from Bloomingdales. And my curtain panels are from World Market.



The pillows... I love how different they each are, but yet they go well together. The bird pillow on the left is the Easy Pom-Pom Pillow that I made a few months back, the green velvet is from Pier 1 (recent purchase), the flowery orange lumbar is from Pier 1 (recently purchased), and the recycled fabric pillow and the bird pillow on the right are both fabulous Homegoods finds (recent purchase).


The thing I love the very most about this room are the three fabulous bird canvases that I found for SUCH at good deal at Homegoods. Each piece helps to tie together the whole look of the room. Gotta love Homegoods- definitely my favorite store!


These two large bird canvases were $29.99 a piece. I can honestly say that I love these birds more than any other artwork I have ever seen in my life. What a lucky find! You can't see it too well but there is oil paint brush marks when you get up close and it looks so awesome paired with the gold shimmery paint that the artist used in over the top of the canvases (I am pretty sure they are prints, but then they were hand embellished with brush strokes for that extra touch of awesomeness. Sadly I can't make out the artist's signature- but whoever they are, they are genius in my book! Love this style!)



The third bird canvas is from Homegoods too- $19.99... Are ya kidding me... what a steal! I love the grunginess of this one.



I got the picture frame from Pier 1 (recently), the little green birds from Homegoods (recently), the turquoise lamp from Pier 1 (a few years ago), nightstand from Gardener Mill (a few years ago), and of course the canvas is from Homegoods (recently).



I love my gallery wall, but the wall is so big that I am considering using a few more things to fill it up.. what do you guys think?? Also- I think I may paint the orangish-red frame at the top chartreuse green... again- what do you guys think??


I got the butterfly picture at Homegoods, the square picture (typewriter, scrabble tiles, chair and bingo card) at Target, and then the decorative frames are all from Cut It Out except the very bottom left double stacked frame is from Poppy Seed Projects- I met them at SNAP and love their stuff!


Did you all see the way I am storing my sewing supplies in my bedroom on a sewing shelf? It is my favorite thing to look at in my room.



I got this big orange frame from Cut It Out Frames and I got the SLC temple Print from Rustic Peacock.


This lamp base is from Target and the lampshade is one that I made over with a stencil. The mirror is a cheap mirror that I got from Walmart right after we got married... It was black, but I spray painted it lightly with green spray paint. The light coat of spray paint didn't get into the cracks so the black is able to show through to give it a more rustic look. The turquoise bird is from Hobby Lobby, and both picture frames are gifts from my wedding.


All in all, I am so pleased with my new bird inspired room makeover. (My poor hubby jokes that he feels like he lives in an aviary! ha ha) I love all of the bright colors. It is so fun to wake up to in the morning and I love spending time in there throughout the day!


Original article and pictures take www.mommybydaycrafterbynight.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий