среда, 15 января 2014 г.

BEST & WORST AT THE GOLDEN GLOBES 2018

BEST & WORST AT THE GOLDEN GLOBES 2018
COTE DE TEXAS

The 2018 awards season started Sunday with the Golden Globes and it will end in a few months with the Oscars. As I’m sure you know, this year everyone agreed to dress in black for solidarity with the “Me Too” and the new “Time’s Up” movements, both very worthy causes.


Everyone one wore black – women, men, even all the TV reporters. Everyone, that is, except for this one thirsty actress:



Obviously Blanca Blanco, a basically unknown actress, used the event to draw attention to herself. It’s not the first time she has caused a stir on the red carpet. Once, her dress was so revealing, everyone got long looks at her privates. I say long, because it wasn’t a mistake or just a slip, it was intentional.

I’m not surprised Blanco would be the one to not wear black.

There were two others who also didn’t wear black – but both were not Americans.

Even though the event was Black Only, there were still some beautiful looks. I had thought it was going to be a boring night for fashion, but instead, it was exciting to see how these stars took a strict fashion code and made it their own.

There were a few trends that really stuck out:

“Is it Pants or Is it a Dress?” was seen a few times.



Alison Brie in Vassilis Zoulias was one who wore the trendy pants/dress combo – and Brie’s was one of the prettiest.

But all I could think of was this disaster:


Demi Moore in 1989 wore this outfit to the Oscars. It remains as one of the “Worst” dresses ever worn to the Oscars. Demi started the “Is it Pants or Is it a Dress?” look – it just took almost 30 years for the trend to take off.




But don’t feel sorry for Demi. In 2010 she completely vindicated herself when she wore this Versace to the Oscars. Gorgeous. Such a beautiful dress!! And only Demi would look younger and prettier 20 years later!!


Besides the “Is it Pants or Is it a Dress?” trend, “Different Sleeves” was another trend.



Saoirse Ronan in a Different Sleeves dress by Versace. Her right shoulder looked like a sock wrapped in aluminum foil. This is on my Worst Dressed Look. I’m afraid Saoirse needs a new stylist. STAT.

I do love her bracelet though!

Kelly Clarkson had the same Different Sleeves weirdness going on. I hate to be so negative, but on High-Definition TV, her dress looked very cheap though I’m sure someone paid a fortune for it. Designed by Christian Siriano, the young reality star, this wasn’t his only worst dressed look of the night.

Debra Messing wore the “Is it Pants or Is it a Dress” trend, also by Christian Siriano. Her dress/pants looked cheaply constructed just as Kelly’s did. I’m sorry, but this is just beyond awful. I could have designed a better looking pants/dress combo than this! The area around her lower stomach/crotch area is so unflattering.

Sadly, Siriano wasn’t through with his magic for the night.

America Ferrera is also in Christian Siriano. She’s pregnant but that’s not why the coat has such strange lines – that’s Siriano’s fault. And it looks like he used the same material from Messing’s dress as for America’s.

He still wasn’t through for the night.

You would think he was Giorgio Armani judging by the number of woman who chose to wear Christian Siriano last night.

And here we have Christina Hendricks in yet another Christian Siriano frock, this one features two trends of the night – the different sleeves look and the “Is it Pants or Is it a Dress” look.

Siriano is playing in the big leagues but I’m not sure he is deserving or up to it. It will be interesting to see if he does any Oscar dresses.

Moving on from Christian Siriano.

One way that designers individualized the Black Only rule was to add another color, usually white.

Alexis Bledel looked beautiful in Oscar de la Renta. I loved her belt/sash with sequins - belts were another trend last night. Winner!

Allison Janney wore Mario Dice and she looked the prettiest I’ve ever seen her! Her butterfly dress was wonderful.

Beautiful couple alert: Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers. I like how she brightened up her black velvet dress with a blue silk sash.

Samira Wiley would have been on the Best Dressed list if that orange thing wasn’t attached to it. It looked like a necklace was just pasted onto her chest. What a shame, because her hair and makeup were perfect and the lines on the dress by Romona Keveza looked great on her.

One of my Best Dressed is Penelope Cruz. She was gorgeous in Ralph and Russo. Stunning perfection!


It was Kendall Jenner’s first time at the Golden Globes and she made quite an appearance! In Giambattista Valli – her dress was a bit extravagant for the Golden Globes and would probably be better suited for the Oscars, but wow!!! I love Kendall, she is such a sweet girl. I love her shoes too. Just beautiful!





Now for the opposite side of the coin! I really liked this more dressed down look for Elisabeth Moss by Oscar de la Renta. The simple Peter Pan collar was her only jewelry. She doesn’t have a model’s figure and this dress was perfect for her. It has to be so hard in Hollywood to be an average weight instead of weighing just 98 pounds. I thought Elisabeth looked adorable in this dress.




Margot Robbie wore Gucci. The dress doesn’t look as pretty in photographs as it did on High Definition TV. I gasped when she walked up – her dress looked stunning. She has such an incredible smile – her entire face lights up!

Mary J Blige wore the different sleeves trend but she did it right – dress by Alberta Ferretti. Her dress is so beautiful and she looked wonderful – the prettiest that I can remember.


Catherine Zeta Jones looks more like Scarlett O’Hara every day. She was a knockout in her Hollywood glamour dress by Zuhair Murad. She’s a stunner. Her appearance with her father-in-law Kirk Douglas was the most moving part of the night.




Another trend was jeweled belts and Dakota Johnson wore one by Gucci. From the front her dress was simple – but from the back, it was wow. I do think it would have looked better without the straps.


Zuri Hall wore a dress with circles – which is a trendy interior design element for 2018. I thought she looked beautiful!!




This one is very hard for me. Sob!!! My favorite, Outlander star Caitriona Balfe wore Chanel. I didn’t like the dress – I hated the arm bands. I hated everything about the dress. She needs a new stylist. There, I said it. Caitriona is a gorgeous woman and she tends to wear mostly fashion-forward dresses but her choices always just miss. I blame that on her stylist. She could, and should, be outstanding every time she’s on the red carpet – she’s that pretty.



Someone who rarely ever misses on the red carpet is Nicole Kidman, here in Givenchy. Her long time stylist is Julia von Boehm and I wish Caitriona would hire her!

Here are my Best Dressed of the Golden Globe winners:

Sarah Jessica Parker wore a 50s Princess styled dress by Dolce and Gabbana. With the trendy jeweled belt, she looked adorable. I loved the styling! Her hair was perfect. The shoes were pretty. Loved her look.

Diane Kruger in Prada. Fabulous. The only issue was someone tripped over her train as she was making her way up to the microphone!! Her sheer cape with silver trim was so pretty as was the way the fabric was gathered on the bodice.


Kate Hudson was in Valentino and I think she was my all time favorite. Her hair, the plunging neckline with the perfect necklace - she was the chic standout of the night. Her stylist is another one that always gets it right – Sophia Lopez. Kate never misses on the Red Carpet.

My worst of the night?

I hated the dress that Angelina Jolie wore! Those huge feather sleeves – how did she eat dinner???? She looked like a goth cheerleader with black pom-poms. Just terrible. Terrible. She needed some face powder too.


Her dress made me miss this look – where Angelina walked the red carpet pushing out her right leg the entire time.

The oddest look of the night?


Jamie Chung wins the “huh?” award for wearing two different shoes!! Really? It’s a shame too because her dress was very pretty. What can I say? This is just ridiculous. Unfortunately it wasn’t mistake. This IS a pair of shoes – by Sophia Webster. And Jamie was getting praise for this mismatched pair. Seriously…..



The BEST of the night? Oprah Winfrey! She looked gorgeous – age has treated this woman well – she is prettier now than when she was younger. Loved her glasses and earrings and dress!! But it was her speech that slayed me. All I could think of was Oprah in 2020!!! I have her running mate in mind too – but I can’t tell you, I try to keep politics out of the blog. LOL. OMG – if Oprah ran for President, she would get so many votes she would break the electoral college. Run Oprah Run!!!!!!




Who cares about Hollywood when you have this real life Princess???? Monday was Princess Charlotte’s first day at preschool and she looked so adorable!!!




Charlotte was all bundled up in her maroon coat and Mary Janes with gray tights – we couldn’t see her uniform. Maybe another day?

The actual coat Charlotte wore isn’t available in the states, but I found this cute one at J Crew – it comes in different colors too. HERE

Amazon has the cutest Mary Janes that you can usually, only find in England.

HERE or search Amazon, Mary Janes!

NOW all I need is a Charlotte of my own!!!!!


Original article and pictures take cotedetexas.blogspot.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий